Medewerker Technische Dienst
Maintenance Assistant @ Via Amsterdam
For this role, it comes in handy if you are.... handy ;) Our maintenance team is the point of contact for any technical related issues. Your day to day job consists of reactive maintenance, as well as preventive maintenance. This means, you could start the day by fixing a broken shower hose or leakage and end it with a paint brush in your hands. Together with the Maintenance Manager and other Handyman, you ensure the building interior and exterior is in tip-top condition. We work closely with a range of external, professional building management parties as well, to ensure we always meet the legal Health & Safety requirements.
A workday includes:
- Assisting the Maintenance Manager in making sure all maintenance calls / works are picked up in a timely and correct manner. Closing calls with general feedback in Hotelkit, our communication system.
- Conducting building rounds in order to notice faults and imperfections in and around the different buildings. Repair imperfections / defects immediately where possible. If not possible report and / or consult with the Maintenance Manager.
- Maintain outside spaces such as parking lot, greenery and terrace.
- Troubleshoot any technical issues that may occur such as power outages, leakages etc.
- Painting of interior and exterior of the building, such as rooms, hallways, woodwork, terrace etc.
- Make sure workshop and tool rooms are effectively organized, clean and comply to legal and RI&E requirements.
- Following guidelines with regards to Health & Safety.
You’ll be a great fit if you bring a few of the below with you:
- A technical back ground with experience in working in a hotel environment.
- Basic understanding of electrical, plumbing and / or HVAC systems.
- Ability to work with hardware tools and power equipment.
- Guest and service oriented.
- Detail-orientated with an aptitude for problem solving.
- Good knowledge of the English language is a requirement. It is not necessary to speak Dutch.
What we offer:
- A dynamic working environment with a fun, young and vibrant atmosphere and colleagues from all over the world.
- Super cool events such as monthly staff drinks, karaoke night and more!
- A very fair compensation (above minimum wage) and other benefits such as F&B discounts and staff rates.
- Opportunities to grow within your role and, if this is something you're up to, grow within the company. This next step in your career gets you access to our Via Academy, which is filled with tons of exciting learning and development opportunities.
Our mission possible
We are a fast-growing multi-brand company. At all of our brands we aim to be far from the same-same. We want to help our guests travel, meet and work differently and discover life in creative new ways. A life that is a journey of discovery. We are not just a place to stay or work, we are a community and we need you to help us build this community where diversity, excitement and fun are the key components. Our mission is to create an affordable place where people can connect and have buzzing experiences.
Get ready to apply!
Having fun, connecting with like-minded people and making memories - that's what matters to us. Preferably, in a not so standard way. We're like the McCallaster family - a bit dysfunctional, sometimes messy, but we care for each other and always stick together. If this fits you, then don't wait and hit that apply button. We can't wait to hear from you!