Chef de Partie
Chef de Partie @ The Dude
The Dude is our all-day restaurant & bar concept. The food and drinks in The Dude are inspired by the whole American continent, from North to South. From the home of the hamburger and hot dog, via the land of the taco to the South with their mindboggling variety of food. At The Dude you can eat and drink your way across the American continent. We serve breakfast, lunch and dinner and are open from 7AM till 10PM.
A workday includes:
- Taking care of the MEP and ensuring it is organized in a timely manner before service starts.
- Following HACCP regulations and quality control, e.g. daily cleaning, labeling and temperature checks.
- Preparing food during service, as well as a daily staff meal for the hostel team.
- Following up on standards set and ensuring that all food that leaves the kitchen is in line with these standards.
- Periodical cleaning tasks, such as deep cleaning the fridges or storage spaces.
- Attend shift briefings and provide handovers, to inform your fellow team members about any important matters.
You’ll be a great fit if you bring a few of the below with you:
- You love food, both cooking and eating. Kind of important right ;)
- Knowledge of HACCP / food hygiene is required.
- You have a flexible attitude and understand that quiet moments and peak moments alternate easily.
- It is not your dream to work for a restaurant with a Michelin star. We are just not so much into the 18-something-and-more-ingredient kind of dishes. We make burgers, steaks, hot dogs and more of that juicy stuff and - trust us - we do it well!
- You are available for both breakfast and evening shifts.
What we offer:
- A dynamic working environment with a fun, young and vibrant atmosphere and colleagues from all over the world.
- Super cool events such as monthly staff drinks, karaoke night and more!
- A very fair compensation (above minimum wage) and other benefits such as F&B discounts and staff rates.
- Opportunities to grow within your role and, if this is something you're up to, grow within the company. This next step in your career gets you access to our Via Academy, which is filled with tons of exciting learning and development opportunities.
Our mission possible
We are a fast-growing multi-brand company. At all of our brands we aim to be far from the same-same. We want to help our guests travel, meet and work differently and discover life in creative new ways. A life that is a journey of discovery. We are not just a place to stay or work, we are a community and we need you to help us build this community where diversity, excitement and fun are the key components. Our mission is to create an affordable place where people can connect and have buzzing experiences.
Get ready to apply!
Having fun, connecting with like-minded people and making memories - that's what matters to us. Preferably, in a not so standard way. We're like the McCallaster family - a bit dysfunctional, sometimes messy, but we care for each other and always stick together. If this fits you, then don't wait and hit that apply button. We can't wait to hear from you!