We are a fast growing multi-brand company, with three products under our VIA umbrella: Via Hotel & Hostel, Via Suites and our latest addition and baby brother: Via/Work. At all of our brands we aim to be far from the same-same. We want to help our guests travel, meet and work differently and discover life in creative new ways. A life that is a journey of discovery. We are not just a place to stay, we are a community and we need you to help us build this community where diversity, excitement and fun are the key components.
Waiter @ The Dude
For our amazing team of bar & restaurant The Dude we are looking for cheerful and enthusiastic restaurant & bar crew who know how to make a proper coffee, pour the perfect beer and can get the vibe going. Whether it be during rush-hour at breakfast, one or our Tournament Tuesdays or at karaoke night (ear plugs provided complimentary), you are The Dude or Dudette him/herself, which is:
- Someone cheerful and enthusiastic (in the morning and evening that is)
- Knows how to make a proper coffee (hearts, leaves, pandas or just tasty ones)
- Someone who is star behind the bar and knows how to pour a perfect beer
- When someone shoots "party starter" you answer "who me?"
- Someone that loves to tick boxes (preferably the ones above)
A day in the life of... includes:
- Morning and/or evening duties in the breakfast, bar and restaurant
- Preparing your work station for the start of your shift, as well as tidying up the restaurant at the end of shift
- Advise our guests about the daily specials and general explanation of the menu
- Take orders and ensure they are delivered in a timely manner
- Prepare coffees, draught beers, make cocktails... shake it till you make it baby ;)
- Ensure our guests have a good time!
It would be great if:
- You have previous experience working in a bar an/or restaurant
- You have (basic) barista skills
- You demonstrate strong communication skills
- You have a genuine interest and enthusiasm for service
- You are a team player with a friendly, enthusiastic and humoristic attitude
What we offer:
- A dynamic working environment with a fun, young and vibrant atmosphere and colleagues from all over the world.
- Super cool events such as our weekly bounce-into-the weekend ping-pong tournament, karaoke night, monthly staff drinks and more!
- A very fair compensation (above minimum wage) and other benefits such as F&B discounts and staff rates.
- Opportunities to grow within your role and, if this is something you're up to, grow within the company.
If you have what it takes to level with our guests and want to make sure they have a great time at Via and in Amsterdam, then don't wait and send us your motivation and resume!