Shiftleader @ The Dude
We are a fast growing multi-brand company, with three products under our VIA umbrella: Via Hotel & Hostel, Via Suites and our latest addition and baby brother: Via/Work. At all of our brands we aim to be far from the same-same. We want to help our guests travel, meet and work differently and discover life in creative new ways. A life that is a journey of discovery. We are not just a place to stay, we are a community and we need you to help us build this community where diversity, excitement and fun are the key components.
Shiftleader @ The Dude
For our already amazing team we are looking for an even amazinger (not a word - we know) Bar & Restaurant Shiftleader. You want our guest to have the best time and make sure that Via Amsterdam and The Dude (our restaurant/bar) will be something they remember (and miss).
A day in the life of... includes:
- Morning and/or evening duties in the breakfast, bar and restaurant.
- Conducting daily briefings to ensure your team is up to date and can deliver amazing service.
- Training new and current team members.
- Supporting bar & restaurant team members in their daily operational activities - preparing coffees, drafting beers, making cocktails... shake it till you make it baby ;)
- Ensuring our guests have a good time!
It would be great if:
- You already have some experience working as a Shiftleader (or senior waiter / waitress). You love to wow our guests and, also very important, our team members.
- You are a strong leader and understand that our people are our biggest assets.
- You have a decent level of product knowledge and barista skills.
- You show a flexible mindset, taking in account the needs and wishes of our guests during our varying events.
- Being super duper hands-on comes totally naturally to you and you act proactively to problems, issues and or concerns.
- You have great ideas of ways to improve service or the business in general.
- Dutch speaking preferred, but this is not a strong requirement.
What we offer:
- A dynamic working environment with a fun, young and vibrant atmosphere and colleagues from all over the world.
- Super cool events such as our weekly bounce-into-the weekend ping-pong tournament, karaoke night, monthly staff drinks and more!
- A very fair compensation (above minimum wage) and other benefits such as F&B discounts and staff rates.
- Opportunities to grow within your role and, if this is something you're up to, grow within the company.
If you have what it takes to level with our guests and want to make sure they have a great time at Via and in Amsterdam, then don't wait and send us your motivation and resume!