Night Manager on Duty
Amsterdam, Noord-Holland, Netherlands€2,500 - €2,600 per monthOperations
Night Manager on Duty @ Via Amsterdam
The most dynamic role we have at Via! A perfect mix between business and pleasure - you ensure guests do not only have a great & fun stay, you also ensure it's a safe stay. One minute you are assisting with a check in, then you help out a guest who has lost his luggage and seconds later you'll be doing a safety check on the premises. As Night Manager on Duty you are a big support for our operational teams. You report to the Executive Operations Manager and work closely with the Front Office Manager and Night Supervisor.
A workday includes:
- Safety checks of the premises, inside and outside. Reporting anything that does not meet our safety standards.
- Following up on safety & security activities from the daytime that have not been finalized, e.g. communicate with guests who do not follow the hostel rules & regulations, suspicion of smoking, wrong bed use, guest complaints etc.
- Following up on general guest requests, during and after the stay.
- Room inspections and processing lost & found.
- Assisting Front Office and Food & Beverage operations, keeping in mind the Via DNA!
You’ll be a great fit if you bring a few of the below with you:
- You thrive in a fast paced environment, love being proactive and don't mind a bit of pressure every now and then.
- You're not easily impressed, in a good way. As we have guests from all over the world, sharing rooms and public spaces, we sometimes needs to remind guests of this and help them communicate in the right way. This is not a problem for you, because De-escalating Dude is your middle name!
- Experience in hotels is not necessarily required. We can teach you any knowledge & skills for this role, however it is vital that you are service oriented and a true people person.
- A background in security, for example working in nightlife would be a benefit for us.
- Fluent in English, both verbal and written. Dutch is great, but not a necessity.
- You are a night owl ;) - this role is only for late evening / night shifts.
What we offer:
- A dynamic working environment with a fun, young and vibrant atmosphere and colleagues from all over the world.
- Super cool events such as monthly staff drinks, karaoke night and more!
- A very fair compensation (above minimum wage) and other benefits such as F&B discounts and staff rates.
- Opportunities to grow within your role and, if this is something you're up to, grow within the company. This next step in your career gets you access to our Via Academy, which is filled with tons of exciting learning and development opportunities.
Our mission possible
We are a fast-growing multi-brand company. At all of our brands we aim to be far from the same-same. We want to help our guests travel, meet and work differently and discover life in creative new ways. A life that is a journey of discovery. We are not just a place to stay or work, we are a community and we need you to help us build this community where diversity, excitement and fun are the key components. Our mission is to create an affordable place where people can connect and have buzzing experiences.
Get ready to apply!
Having fun, connecting with like-minded people and making memories - that's what matters to us. Preferably, in a not so standard way. We're like the McCallaster family - a bit dysfunctional, sometimes messy, but we care for each other and always stick together. If this fits you, then don't wait and hit that apply button. We can't wait to hear from you!