Groups Reservations Agent
Groups Reservations Agent @ Via Amsterdam
Via is a multi-functional playground for the curious new-age traveller. We offer experiences that start way before the moment of check-in. You are the one to make the right first impression (but really, the very first impression - no pressure!) by making sure groups have all information regarding their stay and this is shared with the operational departments to make each group stay unforgettable. Arrival time, payment status, optional bookings, special requests, you are the person with the overview while being a detail orientated problem solver. We listen to our guests needs and anticipate the ones they haven’t even thought of, so communication is key in this role. Up for the challenge? Read along!
A workday includes:
- Attending to all group reservation inquiries, via e-mail or phone.
- Accurately input data into our systems and keep the information relevant and up to date.
- Staying up to date with any special offers or packages we are selling as you walk guests through the booking funnel and convert inquiries to reservations.
- Actively promoting our amazing in house events (karaoke, pub quiz, beer pong, art night, movie night etc.
- Create group sheets for internal communication.
- Collaborating with team members and management in the Commercial and Hostel Operations teams
- Hosting the weekly internal sheet meeting.
You’ll be a great fit if you bring a few of the below with you:
- You thrive in a fast paced environment, love being proactive and don't mind a bit of pressure every now and then.
- Great communication as well as planning / personal time management skills.
- An open mind - some inquiries are unexpected, but with a little imagination still workable. You know how to make it work.
- You like to work smarter, not harder. Initiative to solve issues with solutions that prevent those issues permanently are very much appreciated.
- Previous experience: preferably at least one year, in a hospitality environment. Experience with Mews, our PMS, would be a benefit for us.
- Fluent in English, both verbal and written.
What we offer:
- A dynamic working environment with a fun, young and vibrant atmosphere and colleagues from all over the world.
- Super cool events such as monthly staff drinks, karaoke night and more!
- A very fair compensation (above minimum wage) and other benefits such as F&B discounts and staff rates.
- Opportunities to grow within your role and, if this is something you're up to, grow within the company. This next step in your career gets you access to our Via Academy, which is filled with tons of exciting learning and development opportunities.
Our mission possible
We are a fast-growing multi-brand company. At all of our brands we aim to be far from the same-same. We want to help our guests travel, meet and work differently and discover life in creative new ways. A life that is a journey of discovery. We are not just a place to stay or work, we are a community and we need you to help us build this community where diversity, excitement and fun are the key components. Our mission is to create an affordable place where people can connect and have buzzing experiences.
Get ready to apply!
Having fun, connecting with like-minded people and making memories - that's what matters to us. Preferably, in a not so standard way. We're like the McCallaster family - a bit dysfunctional, sometimes messy, but we care for each other and always stick together. If this fits you, then don't wait and hit that apply button. We can't wait to hear from you!