Front Office Trainee (Internship)
We are a fast-growing multi-brand company, with three products under our Via umbrella. At all of our brands we aim to be far from the same-same. We want to help our guests travel, meet and work differently and discover life in creative new ways. A life that is a journey of discovery. We are not just a place to stay or work, we are a community and we need you to help us build this community where diversity, excitement and fun are the key components.
Front Office Trainee @ Via Amsterdam
Via Amsterdam is a multi-functional playground for the curious new-age traveler. The reception is the center of the hotel. It's the first and last stop of every guest that stays with us. As a Front Office trainee you are part of our dynamic Front Office team. During the traineeship, we will train you on all our Front Office procedures. For example, how to check in and check out guests, upsell, communicate with other departments and how to handle all sorts of guests requests. You will be guided by one of our professional Team Trainers. The aim is that at the end of your traineeship, you feel confident to independently operate as a Front Office team member.
A day in the life of... includes:
- Welcoming guests that enter the hostel.
- Checking in and checking out guests.
- Handling incoming phone calls.
- Providing guests with information about what Amsterdam has to offer.
- Answering questions of guests.
- Promoting our amazing facilities and events.
- Dealing with guest feedback.
- Handling minor front office administration tasks.
- Ensuring the lobby is well presented.
- Ensuring all of our guest have a good time!
It would be great if:
- You are passionate about Amsterdam and you love to share all of your ideas with our guests.
- You feel comfortable speaking English, as we welcome a lot of English speaking travelers.
- You like to complete tasks that are given, but also feel comfortable enough asking questions if something isn't clear. You take ownership of your own learning experience as well.
- You show a flexible mindset, taking in account the needs and wishes of our guests during our varying events.
- Being super duper hands-on comes totally naturally to you. You strive to give every guest an amazing stay!
What we offer:
- A dynamic learning environment with a fun, young and vibrant atmosphere and colleagues from all over the world.
- Participance in our Via training program and guidance by a Team Trainer.
- Super cool events such as our weekly bounce-into-the weekend ping-pong tournament, karaoke night, monthly staff drinks and more! (temporarily no staff events due to covid-19)
- A very fair compensation and travel allowance.
If you have what it takes to level with our guests and want to make sure they have a great time at Via and in Amsterdam, then don't wait and send us your motivation and resume!