Front Office Manager
Front Office Manager @ Via Amsterdam
As Front Office Manager you will become part of a tight team in the Rooms department. You are in charge of the day and night team of the reception, supported by an Assistant Front Office Manager and Front Office Supervisor. In total, the team consists of 12-15 team members. Naturally, you will work closely with the Executive Housekeeper as well.
At Via, head of departments are true examples to their team members and therefore they lead from the front. You share the company vision through clear communication and empower your team members to contribute to our mission, but supporting them in their growth. Sharing and receiving feedback is an important aspect of our culture and objective to celebrate success.
A work day includes:
- Support the team operationally on peak moments, assisting with check-in, check-out, answering guest queries etc.
- Train new team members as well as update the team about changes in procedures, new products to upsell, events to highlight etc.
- Ensure operational procedures and standards are up to date and followed up on.
- Administrative tasks such as shift closing, stock count, checking reports etc.
- Organize team briefings / meetings, conduct performance reviews, recruitment activities etc.
You’ll be a great fit if you bring a few of the below with you:
- You possess great people skills. You understand that our team members are our biggest assets. You know how to motivate people and enjoy sharing knowledge and teaching your team members new skills.
- Accuracy and eye for detail.
- You know how to keep overview and stay calm, even when there are multiple events going on at the same time.
- You have 1-2 years working experience in a similar role.
- You enjoy working with a young, dynamic and optimistic team.
- Extensive knowledge of Property Management Systems. We work with MEWS and it would be a benefit if you have worked with this system.
- Fluent in English, both verbal and in writing. It would be great if you speak Dutch, but it is not a strong requirement.
What we offer:
- A dynamic working environment with a fun, young and vibrant atmosphere and colleagues from all over the world.
- Super cool events such as monthly staff drinks, karaoke night and more!
- A very fair compensation (above minimum wage) and other benefits such as F&B discounts and staff rates.
- Opportunities to grow within your role and, if this is something you're up to, grow within the company. This next step in your career gets you access to our Via Academy, which is filled with tons of exciting learning and development opportunities.
Our mission possible
We are a fast-growing multi-brand company. At all of our brands we aim to be far from the same-same. We want to help our guests travel, meet and work differently and discover life in creative new ways. A life that is a journey of discovery. We are not just a place to stay or work, we are a community and we need you to help us build this community where diversity, excitement and fun are the key components. Our mission is to create an affordable place where people can connect and have buzzing experiences.
Get ready to apply!
Having fun, connecting with like-minded people and making memories - that's what matters to us. Preferably, in a not so standard way. We're like the McCallaster family - a bit dysfunctional, sometimes messy, but we care for each other and always stick together. If this fits you, then don't wait and hit that apply button. We can't wait to hear from you!